90% of our riders and clients choose the TAINA as their primary kite, however STAR kiteboarding has designed the SIRIUS for the other 10% looking for a hardcore WAKESTYLE/COMPETITION kite.
The SIRIUS is a C-shaped hybrid focused on taking the elite freestyle riders to a new level of powered riding. The grunt of this kite and its explosive pop is overwhelming at first, but when used by riders that can handle power; this kite sets new standards.
The kite’s stable and steady pull offers the same riding characteristics as a cable park. It allows for huge pop followed by the proper line slack to maximize wake style potential.
Our Pro Rider ROCKY CHATWELL and LUIS ALBERT CRUZ only rides with this kite, it allows him to pull off massive double HPs with the kite as low as it gets.
The Sirius’s powerful profile gives the consistent pull of a C kite and the power control of a Hybrid. The kite’s canopy layout prevents any flutter even when fully depowered or in super tight turns. With competitions in mind we made sure this kite has easy re-launching, great upwind performance and paid close attention to construction details in order to keep the kite light and strong at the same time.
The kite‘s performance really excels is in its powerful unhooked freestyle, but can also provide big floaty airs and powerful mega loops.
We increased aspect ratio facilitating pop and the slack of the lines, a feature dedicated to the wake style freestylers but also with a better hang time for the old school riders.
We slightly decreased the diameter of the leading edge to minimize aerodynamic drag, increase upwind performance and give a better depower for more comfort and security in excessively windy conditions.
(based on a 75 kg rider on a 135 twintip)
12 M = 12 – 25 Knots
10 M = 14 – 28 Knots
9 M = 15 – 32 Knots
7 M = 17 – 35 Knots
- Freestyle / Freeride
- New school C-Hybrid
- Clean and Simple Bridle System with no pulleys
- Heavy duty one-pump System
- Customizable bar pressure / kite feel
- Direct on-demand steering
As our sport, riding level, and conditions are constantly changing, so are the desires for a kite.
The SIRIUS is a completely new design in the Star kites collection for 2017; a freestyle oriented C kite providing a unique system, two connection possibilities for the front lines, which allows the rider to choose between 2 distinct feelings and riding styles.
This simple connection option modifies the geometry of the bridles system for a radical change of performance.
Connexion 1 : Hybrid profile. The kite is suspended on the entire bridle system for freestyle, freeride performance.
This setting offers a more progressive depower system as well as increased riding power compared to a conventional C shape kite.
In this configuration the kite shape is opened to give the rider the necessary boost for big old-school style tricks with maximum hang time.
Connection 2. Pure C kite. This setting gives the kite a more closed profile for more aggressive freestyle and wake style riding. The connection is as direct as the feeling.
In this configuration the kite offers the rider a cable park sensation, stability, maximum slack, horizontal traction, precise handling and smooth kiteloop finishes.
For those riders who keep the kite primarily on this setting, the bridle is removable, maintaining the C kite profile with the single direct connection.
Complementing this closed setting is the optional active 5th line addition for more advanced riders. This is the preferred setting for pro riders ROCKY CHATWELL and LUIS ALBERT CRUZ.
The combination of these 3 settings makes the Sirius the ideal kite for all intermediate riders in search of progression up to the most radical freestylers.